Registration is closed. See you at the class. We will have a limited number of walk-in seats available if you didn't get a chance to register.
This class will provide guidance to shift your career from lending appraisal to private party work. Steve Smith, MAI, SRA, founder of the National Appraisers Forum and one of the top litigation appraisers in the US, will be our instructor. The class will discuss:
• Definitions of legal terms used in different courts
• Types of court cases requiring appraisals and reviews
• The difference between forensic appraisals & loan work
• The pecking order of litigation work
• Due diligence steps to take
• The importance of competency & USPAP compliance
• How to avoid advocacy and maintain independence, impartiality, and objectivity
• The differences between deposition and trial testimony
• Techniques for surviving depositions and cross-examination
• Educational paths to help get started
• Sources of business & marketing plans
• Definitions of commonly-used terminology in expert witness appraisal assignments
• Types of court cases that require appraisals
• Specific issues pertaining to different types of litigation appraisal assignments
• Step-by-step overview of the legal process as it applies to cases that require appraisals
The class is approved for two hours of continuing education by the California Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers (BREA Approval#19CP986603090).
Cost of the class is $30 for members/$60 for non-members and includes dinner. You must be signed into your REAA website account to receive member pricing.
4:30 to 5:30 Chapter Board Meeting
5:30 to 6:30 Registration and Networking
6:30 to 7:00 Dinner and Announcements
7:00 to 9:00 The Class
Online registration closes on Friday, March 1 at 5PM. Please register online if possible so we can know how many meals to order from the Dante Club.